cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talktalk

Hi

Does anyone know how to log on to Now TV on TalkTalk box. When I go to view a programme it is asking me to purchase but I already have the entertainment pass and am trying to watch entertainment programme. Just cancelled boost from TalkTalk and took them up on the offer as nowtv was cheaper but just not giving me the option to log in??? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a TalkTalk Youview box, but have you gone to the NowTV App under the Apps section of the box, then navigate to the My Account section, then maybe sign out and log back into the App using the username (not forum username) or email address and the password you used when you purchased the NowTV Entertainment Pass on your relevant account.

Also if you don't see the on screen keyboard to enter your details, then press the OK enter button on your Youview box remote which should bring up the on screen keyboard to enter your login details.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a TalkTalk Youview box, but have you gone to the NowTV App under the Apps section of the box, then navigate to the My Account section, then maybe sign out and log back into the App using the username (not forum username) or email address and the password you used when you purchased the NowTV Entertainment Pass on your relevant account.

Also if you don't see the on screen keyboard to enter your details, then press the OK enter button on your Youview box remote which should bring up the on screen keyboard to enter your login details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also stopped my Talktalk boosts and got the Now TV option. Really annonyed that I am no longer able to see my boost channels in my normal TV channels but have to go onto the app.  this also means that I am not able to set up recordings for anything.  Talktalk and NOW should have made us aware of this as I don't know if I would have taken up the Now offer because of the inconvenience.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I.am not a TalkTalk customer, but would have thought this TalkTalk FAQ's on their website would answer your questions.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/NOW-TV/ta-p/2457383#:~:text=NOW%20TV%20Stream%20the%20latest%20TV,%20movies%20and,an%20older%20remote)%20and%20selecting%20Players%20and%20Apps. 

Maybe get in touch with TalkTalk support if you believe they have mislead you when signing up to NowTV ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Now TV Boost is quite clear in fact. Only Now TV channels will recive an upgrade to 108p and have 5.1 surround sound. 

Any "boost" as part of any other provider that will cover the freeview channels in HD. BT are very explicit with this too, Now TV boost only covers Now TV channels for HD.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User @schnapps @Anonymous User 

‘Boosts’ is what TalkTalk calls its add-on extra cost channel packages.

Nothing to do with NowTV, except insofar as channels on NowTV used to be available as a TalkTalk Sky Boost, and having to go via NowTV for them now is not as convenient.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Thanks

When I select nowtv app it takes me straight to the TV guide or programs but gives me no options to log in. When I try and view it is just saying purchase.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks scrolled right down through all the programmes and option to log in was right at the bottom