cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV does not see wifi

Hello,

I just got my Now Super Fibre connected yesterday. All seems to be okay and I have a couple of laptops, two smartphones and a tablet connected without any issues. However, when I try to connect my Samsung smart TV, it does not seem to even be able to "see" the NowTV wifi, let alone connect to it. When I search for networks to connect to the TV does show a bunch of networks that are available. That suggests that the WiFi card inside the TV does work, but the NowTV WiFi just isn't on the list. I tried adding it manually but that did not work either. The TV is Samsung 6 Series UE49KU6470U and I have the Hub 2 router that sits just next to the TV.

I also tried separating the WiFi bandwidth to distinguish between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, still the TV doesn't pick it up. Also tried resetting the TV and following the new set-up steps, same problem.

Any other suggestions before I try phoning tech support, I will be most grateful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you in a position to connect the TV via Ethernet or does it have to be Wi-fi?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you in a position to connect the TV via Ethernet or does it have to be Wi-fi?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you get away with an Ethernet cable between the TV and Router?

If not and you are restricted to WiFi, then maybe try unplugging the power to both the Router and television for a minute and maybe try both 2.4ghz and 5ghz on a different WiFi channel on both bands.

I would be also tempted to see if you can temporarily move the Router away from the television if you can, putting the Router close might not help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, amazingly the simplest solution worked, I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in and voila, it now recognises the WiFi! Thanks for the responses 🙂

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you work in IT?? 😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haha, I know, should have done that before posting the question! However now that Ianaged to work we seem to have been hit by this massive outage that's affecting so many people, fingers crossed it gets resolved soon