cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TRAILERS Promotional Ads even for Boost customers

I pay £5 a month extra for Boost so that I don't get the adverts. 

However I am being driven INSANE by Now TV programme 'promotional'  trailers/previews for NOW programmes playing at the beginning of other programmes and there is no way to skip or fast forward through them. I am seeing the same trailers over and over again and I'm so fed up with it, it's actually made me consider leaving Now TV. Some of the trailers I really don't want to see as I find the content of the programme violent or disturbing, but most of all I am so fed up with seeing the trailers over and over again. 

Please, for Boost customers it is not unreasonable that as well as not seeing adverts, the Boost customers should have the facility to be able to fast forward through promotional programme trailers or skip them. that way the Boost customer has the choice whether to watch it or not and I don't need to keep seeing the trailers over and over again. We are paying to not see adverts so why on earth can we not skip of forward through promotional trailers. Other streaming services allow such a facility, notably Amazon which I have now subscribed to - please introduce such a feature as well, preferably for all customers. All that is happening is that your not allowing that is just turning customers off.  I can feel my blood pressure go up when I have seen the advert for 'We Own our City' for about the 10th time and I have NO interest in watching the programme and the content of the trailer is actually quite disturbing and violent. 

I know other customers feel the same, I have seen it on the Now Community pages, but everyone is saying they are being ignored. 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes indeed - I had to sit through a trailer for The Wire yesterday before Now would let me watch the programme I had chosen.

And that programme was

Spoiler
The Wire!
Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been re-watching the Rookie and there have been trailers before every episode I watched - I have zero interest in them and just want to watch the selected programme, have Boost to get rid of ads and that really should be changed to get rid of trailers as well (if anything the trailers make it less likely I will watch the advertised programme)