cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
totalwise
Advocate

Re: THE ANSWER...

Have you set this up as the router modem for now broadband or have you set up up as a wifi access point that connects to the now broadband box?

it goes against what I've been reading here, people saying to use MPOA option 61. There is no MPOA option in any of the tplink router modems I've seen.

0 Thanks
totalwise
Advocate

Re: TP Link Router with NowTv

So you've used the tplink box as an access point?

0 Thanks
Mben
Advocate

Re: TP Link Router with NowTv?

I would be grateful if you able to help of how to set my router to work with this internet provider. Which router you recommend 

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mben 

You could read the whole of this thread from page 1, compare the conflicting reports, and then go and learn more than you ever wanted to know about router protocols, and set something up for yourself that might or might not work.

Or you could get a techie friend to do that.

Or you could just use the router that NowTV Broadband supply with their service, which will arrive preconfigured and all ready to go.

Issues with this router are:-

It has only two Ethernet ports. If this is a limitation for you, you can increase this to four or eight with an Ethernet switch from Curry’s or Amazon, £15-30; no configuration needed, and although it’s called a switch, there is nothing the use has to switch; it’s the Ethernet equivalent of a multi-way mains adaptor, but for Ethernet signals.

The WiFi is not all that strong. Best to first find out if this is a problem for you, and in what way, as there are various ways to overcome this.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Paulmf1
Mentor

Can you please help me as I'm stuck on how to do this.

Thanks

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Paulmf1 

Are you a subscriber to NowTV Broadband?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Paulmf1
Mentor

Yes RoyB. I found a link to change my router and it now works great.

https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link-router-with-sky-fibre-optic