cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
totalwise
Scholar

Re: TP Link Router with NowTv?

@HughHI don't like the weird MER thing that literally no other ISP in the world uses, I would like the option to pay for a dedicated IP like some other ISPs.

Having said that, you can't argue with nowtvs price. Especially with the cashback deal - they can't be beat. WHich is why I perservere with them and got it set up.

I just moved house so I have finished my 12 month with nowtv. I got my wife to sign up as a new customer and get cashback under her name in our new property and decided to finally pull the trigger and get a tplink vdsl routermodem.

It's actually fairly easy to do this, you need to search for sky mer router and you'll come across loads of forum discussion. Nowtv is a new ISP and there's not much info on this, but sky has been around for a long time and both use the same system and they're different brand names of the same business.

0 Thanks
Jimmy789
Advocate

Thanks I found the link but regretfully my router doesn't have "option 61" so I'm out of luck. The NowTV price was good but the service isn't too good. My connection regularly breaks for 5 seconds at a time and the Engineers tell me I've got too many things connected, not being used just connected. That would be credible were it not for the fact that I've used 3 different ISPs in the past 3 years and the other 2 gave no problem with the same set-up.

0 Thanks
ANDYK011
Advocate

Hi i hope you can help, i have just moved over to now tv fibre and bought a vr400 router to improve signal, can you please advise how to set up with now tv broadband.

Many thanks

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jimmy789 

I had the problem of too many connected devices, so this can be real.

However, the symptoms were that when I used a device that exceeded the limit (which was, I think, 24), it would just bump off another device. And if that was in use, the break would be indefinite.

Your router may handle this differently - and every router should have a bigger device table than that - but it’s a real thing.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
magorgirl
Advocate

Hi I would be grateful if you could let me know the process.  Increasingly I am finding my work laptop will not connect to the nowtv router. It is becoming v frustrating. Thanks in advance 

0 Thanks
Darrell69
Mentor

I ditched Now TV after less than a month due to no support from their tech team to set up my TP link router as their stock one was rubbish. They told be before I signed up it would be no issue using a third party router which turned out to be a lie so went back to plusnet who are miles better.

HughH
Mentor

Well done. It has taken me a year to get out of my NOW contract. I switch nest week and am looking forward to returning to a decent broadband provider and to say goodbye to NOW forever!

0 Thanks
Decnette
Advocate

My son bought me a router as signal is weak with Now tv.  Can you tell me how to set it up please. X

0 Thanks
Bloke33
Mentor

Can someone tell me how I am able to create a post. It seems to be impossible. Have I been blocked from doing so?

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Bloke33 

Why are you desperate to create a new thread? 

You can and have added 2 posts across 2 threads. 
What do you need help with?

0 Thanks