cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveNYC
Advocate

Re: TP Link Router with NowTv?

Hey mate, you mentioned that  you were able to use your own router with Now TV ?.. Can you help me do the same ?

thx

dl

0 Thanks
Simjole
Advocate

Hi I want to replace my NowTV router with a TP link AC1200/Archer400, can anyone help with the setup please as it wont just plug and play so im guessing some settings need changing somewhere, and I'm at a loss as to where. Thank you in advance

0 Thanks
Falankuk
Advocate

Hi can you tell me please how you have set your own router up?

0 Thanks
Snijlea
Advocate

Hi, please can you let me know the details of how you connected your TP Link router to the NowTV network.  Many thanks.  Nigel

0 Thanks
adsk
Advocate

Using a TP-Link VR900 successfully.  Was with Sky Broadband previously and I am still using the username/password that was used with Sky i.e. providing the username/password format is correct, the actual username/password used is irrelevant. Hope this helps someone.

As there are no simple guides about how to setup TPlink devices with Now Broadband you can confidently use the guides that are available for Sky such as https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link-router-with-sky-fibre-optic  

Jimmy789
Advocate

I have a TP Link Archer D2 and I would like to use it on NowTV Broadband. Please let me know how you solved this conundrum.

Thanks

Jimmy789

0 Thanks
totalwise
Scholar

Tp-Link VR series support Sky MER option. I bought the early model tp-link VR600

Please refer to post #2 by Kevin_z: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/171728

It's tp-link own staff saying that the VR series supports Sky's MER connection type.

I bought my vr600 v1 on ebay for £40 (used). Originally wanted the vr900 v2 but someone sniped it off me.

very happy with this box. A lot of posters above are overcomplciating things, with the tplink vr series you just select sky(MER)_vdsl from the list and enter the dummy login and password. VDSL = fibre, not adsl broadband

Note: there was no sky(MER)_adsl on the list. So this box is not suitable for broadband if sky use MER for broadband as well.

I have just 1 box now, and don't need a 2nd box as an access point to work around the dismal wifi of the nowtv box.

regarding login, I can confirm you DO NOT need to do wireshark sniffing and other malarky, you can just use any login and password the username needs to end with @skydsl

totalwise
Scholar

@Jimmy789 Do you have fibre or broadband with nowtv?

Snijlea
Advocate

I couldn't get my Archer600 to connect to the network so have ended up using it as the wifi and connecting via the nowtv router for a modem.  It means both boxes are working which is frustrating but I couldn't do it another way..

HughH
Mentor

Thanks for that. I just gave up, returned the router and have only got to wait another few weeks before I can get out of my NOW TV contract and move to a decent provider! Glad you've found a solution.

0 Thanks