cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link Router with NowTv?

Hi,

The router that comes with NowTv as standard is not very good.

Can I use my own router and if so how easy is it to set up? What password, pin etc do I need to put in?

Thanks

Chris
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using TP-Link AC1600. Not sure if it can record history of sites
accessed, sorry
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes please, I have the TP-Link N600, Could you please explain, 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would be grateful if you able to help of how to set my router to work with this internet provider. Which router you recommend 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You could read the whole of this thread from page 1, compare the conflicting reports, and then go and learn more than you ever wanted to know about router protocols, and set something up for yourself that might or might not work.

Or you could get a techie friend to do that.

Or you could just use the router that NowTV Broadband supply with their service, which will arrive preconfigured and all ready to go.

Issues with this router are:-

It has only two Ethernet ports. If this is a limitation for you, you can increase this to four or eight with an Ethernet switch from Curry’s or Amazon, £15-30; no configuration needed, and although it’s called a switch, there is nothing the use has to switch; it’s the Ethernet equivalent of a multi-way mains adaptor, but for Ethernet signals.

The WiFi is not all that strong. Best to first find out if this is a problem for you, and in what way, as there are various ways to overcome this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you please help me as I'm stuck on how to do this.

Thanks

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you a subscriber to NowTV Broadband?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes RoyB. I found a link to change my router and it now works great.

https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link-router-with-sky-fibre-optic 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using a TP-Link VR900 successfully.  Was with Sky Broadband previously and I am still using the username/password that was used with Sky i.e. providing the username/password format is correct, the actual username/password used is irrelevant. Hope this helps someone.

As there are no simple guides about how to setup TPlink devices with Now Broadband you can confidently use the guides that are available for Sky such as https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link-router-with-sky-fibre-optic  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i hope you can help, i have just moved over to now tv fibre and bought a vr400 router to improve signal, can you please advise how to set up with now tv broadband.

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

any advice on setting up on a TP link Archer vr900 would be appreciated 

many thanks 

darrell