cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link Router with NowTv?

Hi,

The router that comes with NowTv as standard is not very good.

Can I use my own router and if so how easy is it to set up? What password, pin etc do I need to put in?

Thanks

Chris
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris

I have an Archer VR400 and despite several attempts, the NowTV helpdesk are unable (or maybe unwilling) to tell me how to change from their Hub to this alternative DSL router. Please let me know how you did this "in two minutes". Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn’t 

ended up cancelling and went to Plusnet who are far more helpful 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey mate, you mentioned that  you were able to use your own router with Now TV ?.. Can you help me do the same ?

thx

dl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I want to replace my NowTV router with a TP link AC1200/Archer400, can anyone help with the setup please as it wont just plug and play so im guessing some settings need changing somewhere, and I'm at a loss as to where. Thank you in advance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi can you tell me please how you have set your own router up?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, please can you let me know the details of how you connected your TP Link router to the NowTV network.  Many thanks.  Nigel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a TP Link Archer D2 and I would like to use it on NowTV Broadband. Please let me know how you solved this conundrum.

Thanks

Jimmy789

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Do you have fibre or broadband with nowtv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I found the link but regretfully my router doesn't have "option 61" so I'm out of luck. The NowTV price was good but the service isn't too good. My connection regularly breaks for 5 seconds at a time and the Engineers tell me I've got too many things connected, not being used just connected. That would be credible were it not for the fact that I've used 3 different ISPs in the past 3 years and the other 2 gave no problem with the same set-up.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I had the problem of too many connected devices, so this can be real.

However, the symptoms were that when I used a device that exceeded the limit (which was, I think, 24), it would just bump off another device. And if that was in use, the break would be indefinite.

Your router may handle this differently - and every router should have a bigger device table than that - but it’s a real thing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.