cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link Router with NowTv?

Hi,

The router that comes with NowTv as standard is not very good.

Can I use my own router and if so how easy is it to set up? What password, pin etc do I need to put in?

Thanks

Chris
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

to get settings try this here

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is how you do it:

to get settings try this here

MAC and serial number are printed on the bottom of the NowTVHub2 on the label

Use the PPPusername and PPP password this site calculates for you

For Internet provider select SKY(MER)...

Took me about 5 mins. All works.

Edit: I have a TPLink AC1200, about 2 months old.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve followed all the instructions, using TP-Link vr600 to replace my NowTV hub2, I tried setting up using sky(mer) and sky_vdsl but when I get to the connection test part it fails. I’ve tried passwords I found on the password generator site and even tried the made up ones like people suggested e.g. 1234abcd@skydsl / 1234abcd but nothing seems to work. Not sure where I’m going wrong. If it’s letting me get the connection test, does that mean the passwords are working?! Then what else could it be?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have a TP-Link TD-W9980 N600 and have no Sky Mer option in ISP list. Is there a way round this.. 

Many Thanks 

Philip 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using a TP-LINK Archer C1200 I followed the post from @Anonymous User and everything still works. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you set this up as the router modem for now broadband or have you set up up as a wifi access point that connects to the now broadband box?

it goes against what I've been reading here, people saying to use MPOA option 61. There is no MPOA option in any of the tplink router modems I've seen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

standard Now Router is terrible! Looking for some help if anyone can provide. I have an TP Link Archer AC1750 which I can't get to connect to Now. I can see others have managed to get TP working. 

Any help appreciated as I seem to trawling site after sire but no joy! 

G

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been just as troubled as everyone lol.

The only way it seems at the moment is

With certain models of TP-Link routers.

And other brands too. I've got a TP link too so gonna base it on TP-Link.

I've since found out TD series do not support "Mer"  but some Archers do.

I'm going to buy one next week and give it another go. I'll keep you posted but it all hinges on Type-Mer Being an option in settings..

Phil 😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you manage to get it working? I have an Archer AC1200 and it was working for about a 1 and then dropped. I then tried the AC1750 and couldn't even get that to connect

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I got it to work, had to set it up using an Ethernet cable though
--
Muntasir Mohamed
Email: [email removed]
Mobile: +44 7949 125486