cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link Router with NowTv?

Hi,

The router that comes with NowTv as standard is not very good.

Can I use my own router and if so how easy is it to set up? What password, pin etc do I need to put in?

Thanks

Chris
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need a router with QoS otherwise my Humax streaming doesn't work - I would welcome any advice on set up alternative

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well finally got my TP link router working with nowtv. Took 2 mins to set up thanks to some useful info on other sites. Working very nicely. 

If anyone wants to know how to use another router then pm me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have The Tp-Link WD9980-N600

I would like to know how to use this as my only router and get rid of NOW TV rubbish router. 

I have User Name and Password (from wireshark) but no SKY MER option on Tp-link isp providers... HELLLLLLLLP

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you send me the details on how to use my own router 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I second this...

any updates on configuring modem/router - TP-Link VR600?

when my contract is up with NowTV broadband I’m leaving, shouldn’t be this difficult to do something so simple.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a tp link and Now Tvs very shoddy technical support refuse to give me a username and password. What settingd did you have to put please.

Thanks

Patrick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now figured it out after having a second crack at it.

got my username and password using wireshark method as many YouTube videos have this relating to sky hub.

using TP-Link VR600 modem/router combo. No need for nowTV router anymore!

key for me was to update the router firmware on my VR600. 

Good luck to those attempting this! It is possible!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob I have a VR600 also and would like to configure it for Nowtv broadband. Can you explain how you got it to work pls. Many thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure,

1st, and most importantly make sure your router (VR600) firmware is at the latest version. There was a bug in the first router firmware which stopper sky (now tv) broadband from working.

2nd use wireshark and the many YouTube videos to assist to retrieve your individual username and password to access nowtv broadband from your nowtv hub. (The nowtv customer support won’t give it you - as they’re jobsworth.) - FYI I’m not sure how essential this is and any login details MAY work, but I’d already done this step before I realised my router was not up to date.

plug these details into your now updated router et voila... l’internet magnifique. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In case anyone from Now TV is reading, this lack of support for third party routers has made me decide against movimng to now Broadband.

I'll check back in a year's time to se if it has changed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Buddy, if you have solution, can you share it with me?