cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link Router with NowTv?

Hi,

The router that comes with NowTv as standard is not very good.

Can I use my own router and if so how easy is it to set up? What password, pin etc do I need to put in?

Thanks

Chris
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking to change router how easy is it ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Hope you're well - just saw your post about setting up a new TP Link router with your Now TV Hub Two and as I'm having the same problem you were I was wondering if you could let me know how you did it? I have the TP Link AV500 set.

Thanks very much,

Elliot

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, have just bought a new TP link AC2800, where did u find the info required.

thanks in advance

you could email me [email removed]

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have subscribed to now tv broadband, and my router has arrived, i want to connect my TP Link router to the Now TV router as use the now tv router as a bridge to extend wifi signal? do i just log into now tv router and select an option in there, the now tv engineer will arrive tomorrow to setup?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can you let me know how to connect my router

I have gone to the web page which tells you what the user name and password

It is asking for LAN MAC Address which I have

Also for Wireless Key

I don't recognise that terminology on the router it has printed, "Wirless Name", "Password", "Pin"

Thanks

Paul

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi PJ

My ISP marks my Wi-Fi password and Wi-Fi Key as one and the the same thing.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm struggling with setting up a tp link router td w8980 modem/router at the moment. At the moment I've been trying 

VPI - 0 VCI- 38

PPPoA

Username:7050afbe1fa0@skydsl

and password genereated from http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc (I've tried both Sagem F@st & Sky V2 Black Netgear)

Channel Auto

Mode 11bgn

but still not getting a PPP connection on the diagnostic tool. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, 

I'm struggling with setting up a tp link router td w8980 modem/router at the moment. At the moment I've been trying 

VPI - 0 VCI- 38

PPPoA

Username:7050afbe1fa0@skydsl

and password genereated from http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc (I've tried both Sagem F@st & Sky V2 Black Netgear)

Channel Auto

Mode 11bgn

but still not getting a PPP connection on the diagnostic tool. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous User AFAIK you can use any @skydsl address like abcde@skydsl and it should give you no problems.

• In the username field, enter abcdefgh@skydsl
  • In the password field, enter 1234567890abcdef

Found this via this website for a source. But i don't know if this will completely fix your problem. https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link-router-with-sky-fibre-optic/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Can you please send me info on how to use another router as my NOWTV hub has still not arrived

thx

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely rubbish equipment and therefore poor customer service. It seems the company knows how shoddy the equipment is but would not help to solve the problem. 

Why can't you just provide with wifi repeater dongles that would work with your sunstabsard equipment as a compensation. 

I so want to get out of this contract. How could you expect loyalty?