cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link Router with NowTv?

Hi,

The router that comes with NowTv as standard is not very good.

Can I use my own router and if so how easy is it to set up? What password, pin etc do I need to put in?

Thanks

Chris
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi,

The router that comes with NowTv as standard is not very good.

Can I use my own router and if so how easy is it to set up? What password, pin etc do I need to put in?

Thanks

Chris

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

Yes you can use your own router but we are unable to help set these up as they are a third party equipment.

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I find this a little ridiculous to be honest.

I might cancel based on your response. Do you not have any technical
support at all???

Bad customer service and quite shoddy to be honest.

I guess I'll have to work it out myself!

Chris
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I don't think you'd easily be able to get the router to replace your NOW TV Hub as they don't use the more common PPPoE for authentication, what you'd probably have to do is look at connecting the router to your Hub via bridge mode or something similar and using the router as a dumb WAP device (which I'm guessing is why you want to replace the Hub).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andywrote:

I don't think you'd easily be able to get the router to replace your NOW TV Hub as they don't use the more common PPPoE for authentication, what you'd probably have to do is look at connecting the router to your Hub via bridge mode or something similar and using the router as a dumb WAP device (which I'm guessing is why you want to replace the Hub).

This is correct, and it is the reason that I will never subscribe to either Now TV Broadband or Sky Broadband.  I do not think it is unreasonable for me to want to use a router of my choice, and not be tied to the router provided by the ISP.

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well finally got my TP link router working with nowtv. Took 2 mins to set up thanks to some useful info on other sites. Working very nicely. 

If anyone wants to know how to use another router then pm me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Which TP link router did you use? I have an Archer C7 (AC1750).

Do you still have to use the NowTV modem? Or can you just use the router by itself?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Why don't you PM @Anonymous User asking them for their advice on how they set up the TP Link Router ?

You can send them a PM by clicking on the email symbol top right of your screen next to your profile :smileyhappy

Obviously the NowTV Broadband Team will not be able to offer any trouble shooting help when using a third party router (see NowTV comments above on this thread). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Should have read the comments on the Now TV Two router, before siging up, problems already.

I have a TP Link N600, can this be configured?

Thanks, AMJ1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hey please share me your help on how i can take hub 2 off and install a tp link router as this one not worth as very low on wifi signals