cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link Archer V600

Just for reference set up my TP-Link AC2100 Archer VR600. 

Set up My TP Link Router, works 100%

Select Internet Provider:

Sky(Mer)_VDSL

Internet Setup:

Username: abcdefgh@nowtv

Password: 1234567890abcdef

That was it, really simple and no need to mess around with anything else (MAC Address etc)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite

Good to see it works, keep your now router in its box, somewhere safe as if you have a line fault it may need to be reconnected.

if you have issues with the tp link then you will need to ask on the tp link forums for dsl modems and routers

you can add a confirmation here : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264802?page=1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
chilli2
Elite

Good to see it works, keep your now router in its box, somewhere safe as if you have a line fault it may need to be reconnected.

if you have issues with the tp link then you will need to ask on the tp link forums for dsl modems and routers

you can add a confirmation here : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264802?page=1

DaveyDave
Advocate

@Anonymous User 

@Anonymous User 

i know this is an old old post and might not get seen, but the username and password - is it literally that like you’ve written or is that a format example and we should have our own such as “joebloggs@nowtv”?

RoyB
Legend

@DaveyDave 

‘Anonymous User’ means the poster is no longer on the Community, and will likely never see your post.

If I recall correctly, the actual characters don’t matter, beyond the @nowtv bit, but the character count, and whether they are lower case letters or numerals, does.

@chilli2 is still around, and this will alert him to perhaps reply, as he will know better than me.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
DaveyDave
Advocate

@chilli2 

@RoyB 

Thanks for the reply Roy, and for asking Chilli to pop in on this as well 

chilli2
Elite

Username and password can be any chain of letters, but must be the same letter/number count and I'm not sure if a repeat of letters/numbers would cause an issue, so :

Username: abcdefgh@nowtv

Password: 1234567890abcdef

Shouldnt cause an issue as no numbers or letters are repeated, but joebloggs could as there are two letter g's and two letter o's in there

Thats the same password/username i use on a Tp link archer VR2800 which i got from a TP link forum  they are generic as the MER /option 61 system uses other means to verify the line/connection

DaveyDave
Advocate

@chilli2 

Thanks ever so much for the response!

I’ve set up the Archer AC2100 using the tether app and selected the Sky_Mer option but cannot see anywhere to put in the username and password? If I log into the router 192.168.1.1 I can see options to edit the information but still cannot put in a username and password? Any idea what I’m missing at all?

DaveyDave
Advocate

Guys, sorry to keep posting but I think I cracked it. 
Found another post where @chilli2 had posted a photo of his settings, and loaded the desktop version of the router gateway on my phone which gave the access to enter the login details!

Now I just have to hope this new router fixes the issues I’d been having connecting the xboxes in this flat… 🤞🏻

many thanks all

chilli2
Elite

@DaveyDaveKepe us updated as it may help others.

I  have mobile app ( android) called WiFi anaylzer that measures signal strengths as well as a speedtest app and when i tried the Now router and measured its performance via wifi anylyzer/speed test i was surprised at just how poor the now router was .

This is a link to the tp link forum post i used to set my router up, and contains the screenshot/photo : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264802?sortDir=ASC&page=2