cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switch from Sky - Old Sky router works after activation date but Now router does not.

Hi switched from Sky to Now and 5 days after my official activation date my old sky router still works but the new Now broadband one does not. Do I just have to wait and it'll sort itself out? Sky are asking me to send the old router back so keen to not have a break in service if I send that back before its sorted. Is this a weird artifact because Sky/Now are basically the same company?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't been on Sky for some years, but I remember there was some talk about it taking a while to recognise the new MAC address if you swapped routers. So I would suggest leaving the Now router on when you retire for the night.

If it still not connected in the morning, it sounds like it may be faulty.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
flavione
Scholar

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi switched from Sky to Now and 5 days after my official activation date my old sky router still works but the new Now broadband one does not. Do I just have to wait and it'll sort itself out? Sky are asking me to send the old router back so keen to not have a break in service if I send that back before its sorted. Is this a weird artifact because Sky/Now are basically the same company?

What does it mean the Now router doesn't work?

There's no password authentication with Sky or Now, so you can use a router from either, or even a TalkTalk router, if you have any.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Router should be plug and play and there shouldn't be a wait lead in time when you activation date has gone live.

In most cases the Sky / NOW Router should be interchangeable on either service.

i am guessing you have tried holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds just in case there was a glitch to give it another kick start.

Otherwise get on the phone to the NOW Broadband Team just in case the NOW Router is faulty (assuming you have wired it up correctly).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't been on Sky for some years, but I remember there was some talk about it taking a while to recognise the new MAC address if you swapped routers. So I would suggest leaving the Now router on when you retire for the night.

If it still not connected in the morning, it sounds like it may be faulty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This was exactly the issue - left it connected overnight and it worked by the morning, thanks for the tip as I didn't have the necessary patience when connecting apparently!