cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Super Slow Internet

It was around a year ago i posted about having speeds of 5mbs.

After implamenting the dual channel option that was suggested it made a little difference.

Through lockdown i pretty much connected my laptop to my hotspot because it was just so bad. Most of the time i put it down to everyone being online and things like that.

but yet again i am getting bearly a single mb of connection for many of my devices. i have contacted the support (where i said Hub3 instead of Hub2 because i am smart like that).

i have tried turning it on and off, rebooting from the admin page, making sure that the hub is up to date and such.

the actual NowTV website says that my connection is fine but with a google speed test it is not.

To be honest im quite stuck for what to do exept look for another service, but due to my location i have limated options.

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I don’t understand how it is smart to ask Now Broadband for help, and then misdescribe the equipment you are using. Can you please enlighten me?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Now Tv Team, am using internet from June10th onwards, but from last 2 months am facing slowness/less internet speed when connected 2 laptops and 2 mobiles which was not expected. unable to play vedios by FB or social sites. am really irritated with this NOWTV internet speed.  can you please either fix or disconnect and am happy to shift to another vendor.

username - [email removed]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry I believe you may be confused.

This is a community post, now tv customers helping other now tv customers.

I do not work for now tv but I am a customer who is also experiencing seriously slow connections.

Please contact now tv with that comment 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion, I was being sarcastic as the hub 3 is not available for now tv customers. I had put the wrong hub name and that was not smart. Which was the joke 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Before offering advice we really need to know if the problems are just Wi-Fi or actual low sync speed.

Have you tried a speed test hard wired to the router?

What are the sync and SNR figures as reported by the router?

Just so we know what what the line is capable of, what does it say here: BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

I guessed your comment was sarcastic, I'm like that myself.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ah, self deprecation. Now I get the joke. I like that 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.