cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Headspace61
Advocate

Subtitles

Set up via fire stick.  Put subtitles on but they won't stay on as no tick to select?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Headspace61 

If I remember correctly you need to change it on the fire stick itself in the settings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201493150

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Headspace61
Advocate

Thanks tried that but when video playing when I press Menu nothing comes up.

So tried settings wheel on Home and switched on subtitles on under Accessibility but it won't save

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Headspace61 @gavs82008 

A word to the wise the system settings for subtitles on fire TV devices only work, with apps that have been specifically programmed to follow them.

Unfortunately, Now is not one such app😤 in the case of the Now app you will have to use the on/off switch for subtitles within the now app itself. This can be accessed via the speech bubble icon on the playback interface when playing content. Once subtitles have been switched on via this method. The app will remember this fact until the app is closed. So subtitles will only have to be turned on once per watching session.

Hopefully the app will be changed one day to follow the system settings for subtitles on fire TV devices that as of yet, this hasn't happened is that, wouldn't just allow for automatic always on functionality. It would also allow users to have full control over subtitle styling/appearance

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Headspace61
Advocate

Thanks very much that works in the app on my tablet where I can access speech bubble but when I then access on TV still no subtitles so the app doesn't remember 

RoyB
Legend

@Headspace61 

Those aren’t the same app.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.