cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles too small on My Brilliant Friend

My Brilliant Friend is in Italian with English subtitles - is there a way to increase the size of the subtitles?   I've clicked the speech bubble while the programmes is running and a box comes up with Subtitles set to off, but it won't let me change it to On.  I've also gone into Settings and set Captions to On and changed the size but nothing happens.  I've also tried adding captions in an english language programme by using both methods above but still nothing happens.   I am using a Roku app as a remote, if that's relevant

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T is this something you can help @Anonymous User  with or does @Anonymous User need to speak with customer services?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

I am not sure if I can understand the question well.

The size of the subtitles is more an individual device setting related.

I would suggest you to process basic troubleshooting is done-(for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. ) and reselect the content through channel path again, not from watchlist or continue to watch. 

About the setting on the Subtitles, I have tried on Ruko stick with remove and mobile phone app they are both working fine that I am able to click on English for turning on Subtitles. Unless there is a specific Season Eps you are having issue, please let me know.

IzzieT_0-1647015494204.jpegIzzieT_1-1647015502340.jpeg

I hope the above helps. 

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.  I have tried unplugging, reinstalling app etc.  but I still can't get the Subtitles to On (as in the picture you posted - the subtitles are set to 'off' - I want to change to 'on' .   

To be clear - I want to increase the size of the onscreen english subtitles in 'My Brilliant Friend" (which is an italian-language series).   I have english subtitles but they are too small.    Can anyone help with this? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible the subs you are referring to are "hardcoded" which is why you can't switch them on/off?

Do they look about this size? MBF subs.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That is my suspicion - that the series was delivered with the subtitles embedded. Would love to know either way
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, they are embedded.

I’d like to give them a black background, as quite often, they come up in white on a white background.

But there is nothing to be done.

And have you noticed that the girl playing Lenu can hardly act when she is speaking, and not at all when she isn’t? 🙁

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for confirming that. That’s one of the reasons Netflix is the best streaming platform (Hope you’re reading this Now Tv!) - you can change the subtitles. And generally it’s more user friendly, better laid out and once you’ve paid your subscription, all the content is available at no extra cost.

Ha - hadn’t noticed that about Lena’s acting. Too busy trying to read the subtitles!