cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming not working on Roku Stick

All today its either stuck loading programs or it'll decide, at certain minutes into a program, to show the loading graphic and it just doesn't end. I've tried 4 different episodes of 3 different shows. There's not a pattern to it; it got 3/4 into one, refused flat out to show two, played a whole one, and decided 2 minutes into one to just stop.

I've reset the roku. I've restarted the app. I'm getting fed up. 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot have you tried rebooting your router ?

When you go into the stick menu settings under network whats the wifi signal strength showing ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The signal strength is showing as Excellent. We're also getting no problems with other video apps on the stick. Speed is a consistent 40MB or above so far, so I don't think it's that either.

We've tried the following so far: resetting the Roku stick; removing the app, resetting the stick, reinstalling the app, and signing in again; rebooting the router, even the magic IT approach of turning everything off for 30 seconds each then slowly bringing them all back online. After each of them, the problem persists with the Now TV application.

It will let us get so far into a show, then starts the loading/buffering icon (the twirling colours) and won't go any further. We left it on while we cooked a meal, just to see, and it showed that icon for a good 20 minutes without getting any further. The shows that it's done this on are now locked to a degree, with us unable to get past the black screen with the loading icon to even see if we can rewind them and sort of push through.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like you have done everything that i would have tried Smiley Sad

Might be a waste of time, but perhaps try steps 4, 5 & 6 on this linked help guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-the-roku-player

Otherwise see if live chat can assist you further why the NowTV App on your Roku stick is not operating correctly.

Link here to nowtv live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices