cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sports

Hi 

I can’t watch sky sports main event or football on my smart sticks .... I can watch every other sports channel 

please help .... this is on both of my smart sticks....I have tried to reinstall and different TVs but no joy.

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if anything in this similar linked thread below helps or not ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Issues-with-Sky-Sports-Main-Event-and-Sky-Sports-premier-league/m-p/472144 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like the same issue ..... I have tried to contact live chat ..... I don’t know how to change my router tbh

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Who is your ISP and what Router do you have ?

Have you tried going into the Stick Settings under Network to see if you have created a 2.4ghz and 5 ghz wifi network and if you are using 5ghz try selecting 2.4ghz from the available SSID Network names on the list found by your Stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talk talk

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with TalkTalk Routers.

Have you gone into the Stick Settings under Network to see if the TalkTalk Router is outputting two wifi networks (i.e. one on the 2.4ghz freq band and the second of the 5ghz band).

If so try the 2.4ghz wifi band should you Stick not already been connected to it.

Also somebody on the forum mentioned using the free Google DNS server with their TalkTalk Router, but i believe this was for reducing the buffering when streaming NowTV rather then they can't find or play Sky Sports Main Event or Sky Sports Football channel with their full blown NowTV Sports Pass (not mobile sports pass which doesn't work with any Sports channels on the Stick).

Hopefully somebody on the forum who uses the TalkTalk Routers can assist you further. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changed the wireless channel and it’s now working ...... thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had to use the app on my Samsung TV. But I shouldn't have to. It should work on both . Thanks for response.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean you’ve used the app on your Samsung TV but you shouldn’t have to?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help