cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, there was an error in the player

Hi i got lg tv and all was working fine until 3 days ago were this error came up. Tried restarting. Rebooting. Ect version 3.0.2 at the moment last updated on 07/08/19 and no new updates available for now tv app

Nothing works please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

I have an lg TV and the app is working fine (same version and date) which I know doesn't help but there are some quirks I've had with the TV itself over the years that has affected apps particularly after updates.

1. Double check your location - settings>general>location. If the field is blank, enter the first part of your postcode and press enter. It will ask you to retune the TV.

2. Untick and then retick the end user agreement. It may sign you out of app accounts when doing this.

3. If you have an LG account on the TV, sign out.

4. If you are using a ethernet cable, check in settings that it is working and hasn't set itself to WiFi only. Check that IP is set to 'automatic'.

5. Free up some memory by going to the web browser, settings and 'delete history'.

Failing all of these, the only other thing which someone has said worked for them is to do a factory reset.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No advice but just to say you aren't alone, exact same thing has happened with me - have tried removing app and installing again, resetting tv. Nothing seems to work, is def a now tv problem, lets hope they sort it so don't have to cancel subscription!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I see thank you. I was wondering if instead on instaling app.on the tv to input the.now tv stick would it made any difference
Saint1976
Elite 3

If you have a stick then it will give you more functionality (voice search etc). It may have a few more apps not available on the TV and settings not available on the integrated app.

It's entirely up to you. I prefer the integrated app for the convenience of the same remote and spare connection on the TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I do prefer now tv from other apps, so if they wont fix it soon I might buy a stick 
chronos0891
Scholar

Every other channel has been getting the error message, "ERROR IN THE PLAYER", since about 6pm 12/Jul/2021. I tried to watch a movie, and I got the error message after a few seconds. Tried many times to watch the same movie and got errror messages many times. This forced me to go over to another channel. At 9pm I again got error messages on another channel.

Thinking about this, and after looking at the UPDATE in SETTINGS; being that my last update was 01/Jul/2021; I have noticed quite a few problems with the NowTV Stick since then. For example, I would get an error message right in the middle of a film, which would just stop; leaving me to go back to the TVGuide and restart the Live Movie.

All this said, I have had similar problems with the NowTV app for many weeks. The update before last for the NowTV App was very slow, and it would stop working at the end of Movies, needing to start the App all over. This was rather tedious and led to me stopping watching NowTV on the App. The lastest NowTV App update is much better. Hope this helps.

chronos0891
Scholar

This seems to be an issue with my new Plusnet Hub One router. The irony, only seconds after leaving a message here; I went back to my NowTV TVGuide, only to find buffering issues, and after I had been looking at this issue all day.

Going into my Plusnet Hub One router SETTINGS, there is not much to choose from. Looking at the WIRELESS SETTINGS, just below the menu are settings for 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wireless.

Select 5ghz, to find the button(s) marked, "Sync with 2.4 GHz:" YES/NO

I checked (ticked) the button marked, "Sync with 2.4 GHz:" with a NO (do not sync).

Now the film I was unable to watch has started working with No error messages.

No promises this is a fix-all, but it does seem to work, and it is worth a try.

The screen loading the HOME PAGE is much quicker. TVGuide loading is much quicker. CHANNELS INFO during Movies is also much quicker; and by pressing the OK-button, and then UP-&-DOWN, the other Movies appear almost instantly.

Just to mention, I am on mid-range Fibre, so this ought to be quicker than my old Standard-broadband.

chronos0891
Scholar

Having changed the channel back to the Movie I had problems with earlier, I am still getting the error message, "Sorry, there was an error in the player". Things seemed fine for a moment, then the error message popped up again. I went back to the channel to check, and it still comes back as an error message. I restarted my NowTV stick, but it's still the same; on returning to the said channel, I immediately got an error message, which has become more intermittent and worse if anything. Some other channels are playing. I went back to Superman2, but this won't play. However, I went to John-Wick; and this is playing. This problem is very random.

In my opinion, this seems to point to more of a problem with the NowTV stick SOFTWARE UPDATE.

That said, my NowTV stick is running faster, now that I have 'unsynced' my devices. On the Router map, you can clearly see that the Android has a 2.4ghz connection and the NowTV stick has a 5ghz connection. 

chronos0891
Scholar

Just like to provide an update, that my NowTV is working properly today 13/Jul/2021. No error messages at all. Changed channels lots of times, but didn't find any error messages.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory reset worked for me