cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, there was an error in the player

Hi i got lg tv and all was working fine until 3 days ago were this error came up. Tried restarting. Rebooting. Ect version 3.0.2 at the moment last updated on 07/08/19 and no new updates available for now tv app

Nothing works please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

I have an lg TV and the app is working fine (same version and date) which I know doesn't help but there are some quirks I've had with the TV itself over the years that has affected apps particularly after updates.

1. Double check your location - settings>general>location. If the field is blank, enter the first part of your postcode and press enter. It will ask you to retune the TV.

2. Untick and then retick the end user agreement. It may sign you out of app accounts when doing this.

3. If you have an LG account on the TV, sign out.

4. If you are using a ethernet cable, check in settings that it is working and hasn't set itself to WiFi only. Check that IP is set to 'automatic'.

5. Free up some memory by going to the web browser, settings and 'delete history'.

Failing all of these, the only other thing which someone has said worked for them is to do a factory reset.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I keep getting this message but I have the NowTV stick. Any ideas? Sometimes it is due to the WiFi dropping out but it’s happening more often now (not WiFi related) & normally starts 10min into a show. I’ve tried the reset button on the stick, I’ve done a restart through settings & also switched it off. It said it’s up to date with software. It’s a 3801UK. Don’t want to have to buy a new stick as I now have 4 in the house 😏

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It might be obvious, have you tried to unplug your router for a few minutes? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help