cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scotty92
Scholar

Sorry there was an error in the player

Hi guys,

my dad is using now tv and has done for a few years via the small black box. 
this year we renewed the footy but over the past3 months it’s been lagging and then says ‘sorry there was an error in the player’ whilst streaming football only. Spoke to the help desk who gave me loads of steps to try (none of which helped)

we changed internet providers and bought a replacement now tv stick and the issue persists.

going to try running an Ethernet cable through to see if that helps but has anyone encountered this and has a resolution? 
he has a Samsung smart tv but pre 2017 before the app was enabled 

any help be much appreciated hes considering cancelling passes as we’ve not been able to sort it 

thanks 

scott 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Scotty92 

This message occasionally happens even over Ethernet 😠.

The only way i can resolve it is when the message pops up, press the back button on the remote and then jump back into the live sports stream.

I would still recommend Ethernet over WiFi any day when streaming if your playback device supports Ethernet.

Scotty92
Scholar

Yep or when we can see it starting to lag quickly change Chanel back and forth, so frustrating though it’s only started happening this season. 
Live chat is a waste of time I’ve had about 10 chats with them and we go round in circles 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Scotty92 

Sounds like it's pretty bad in your Dad's case.

I only seem to get the message now & again (maybe twice in a month if i am unlucky).

I am using a NowTV 4K smart box wired over Ethernet has my main device when watching Sky Sports.

I don't get any picture buffering or freezing when watching sports with a 36Mbps down speed.

Sorry i don't know the answer how to fix it.

Out of curiosity who is your Dad's ISP ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Scotty92 

I am guessing these are the steps that NowTV have asked your Dad to try on his NowTV box ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Scotty92
Scholar

Yep, fiddled around for hours back and forth with them and in the end they just said it must be his internet or the box... so a new quicker provider and a replacement now tv stick later and the same issue persists. Sometimes, like today, the footy played for 90 mins no problem, other times it can crash 5 times a game which is really frustrating for him. Can’t see why it’s only happened just this season

Scotty92
Scholar

Oh no this happens pretty much every game at least once. Today was only time in months it’s gone the whole way through without issues 

Im going to try running Ethernet cable when I’m next there to see if that solves it 

previous provider was plus net but he’s recently changed to vodaphone and the same issue happens