cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, there was an error in the player

Hi i got lg tv and all was working fine until 3 days ago were this error came up. Tried restarting. Rebooting. Ect version 3.0.2 at the moment last updated on 07/08/19 and no new updates available for now tv app

Nothing works please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

I have an lg TV and the app is working fine (same version and date) which I know doesn't help but there are some quirks I've had with the TV itself over the years that has affected apps particularly after updates.

1. Double check your location - settings>general>location. If the field is blank, enter the first part of your postcode and press enter. It will ask you to retune the TV.

2. Untick and then retick the end user agreement. It may sign you out of app accounts when doing this.

3. If you have an LG account on the TV, sign out.

4. If you are using a ethernet cable, check in settings that it is working and hasn't set itself to WiFi only. Check that IP is set to 'automatic'.

5. Free up some memory by going to the web browser, settings and 'delete history'.

Failing all of these, the only other thing which someone has said worked for them is to do a factory reset.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Saint1976
Elite 3

I have an lg TV and the app is working fine (same version and date) which I know doesn't help but there are some quirks I've had with the TV itself over the years that has affected apps particularly after updates.

1. Double check your location - settings>general>location. If the field is blank, enter the first part of your postcode and press enter. It will ask you to retune the TV.

2. Untick and then retick the end user agreement. It may sign you out of app accounts when doing this.

3. If you have an LG account on the TV, sign out.

4. If you are using a ethernet cable, check in settings that it is working and hasn't set itself to WiFi only. Check that IP is set to 'automatic'.

5. Free up some memory by going to the web browser, settings and 'delete history'.

Failing all of these, the only other thing which someone has said worked for them is to do a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

The factory reset did the trick. All working fine. Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem on on LG smart TV (2019 model) Now TV was working fine for months then the Sorry there was an error in the player came up and I couldn't sort it. I checked for nowtv updates and logged out and back in of Nowtv account neither fixed the problem, I reset the wifi router again didn't help, finally I factory reset the TV and that resolved the it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reset LG tv works. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem tried every thing but the Factory reset works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i got lg tv and all was working fine until 7 days ago were this error came up. Tried restarting. Rebooting. It’s latest version of app. Have deleted it and re-installed. Still useless. App shows all latest programme updates but won’t play any.

Nothing works please help

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

In attempting to turn off NowTV for users of the superseded NetCast OS, used on 2014 sets and earlier, NowTV have managed to turn it off for all users of this app on LG TVs.

If you have a WebOS LG TV, NowTV are working to fix the issue, so keep an eye on this Community for an announcement that service has been restored.

But if you have a NetCast LG TV, it is gone for good, I’m afraid. A polite request to Live Chat may get them to send you a free Stick, however. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
Is there any update. I to have this issue but thought it may be me and just couldn’t be bothered to fix at the time. Now I’m just getting sick of it. Any update from now tv? It’s been almost a month now. 
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I am told that a Factory Reset of a WebOS LG TV will resolve this, so why not give it a go, and report back how it went?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just did an update on my tv and though, go on, I’ll give it a go. Now works. So guess LG fixed it.