cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sony Bravia TV Loses Ethernet Connection (DHCP vs Static IP address issue)

I have a Sony Bravia TV and if I setup the internet connection as a wired LAN, after about a day or two the TV fails to connect to the router (gives a Ethernet is not connected message). After a bit of research I think this is due to the fact that the IP address of the router is dynamically allocated ie it is not a static IP address. Whenever the IP address of the router changes (which is at the discretion of NOWTV I suppose), the internet connection breaks. 

This is really annoying as the only way I have found to fix the problem is to do a factory reset of the TV. It then picks up the new IP address of the router and connection is restored.

What are the solutions for this so that I don't have to keep resetting my TV?

2 REPLIES 2
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I'm assuming you've gone into your TVs settings and selected 'dhcp' rather than 'static'?

One other fix that appears to solve Sony network issues is to set the TV's clock to 'assign by network'.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I have to choose DHCP. I also changed the clock so that it is updated by the network and not by broadcast (whatever that means).

So far it's been stable. I haven't lost any ethernet connection. I think I have seen this with other systems where if the clock is not in sync with the network then some sort of error is thrown. Not sure if this is the cause of this issue.