cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sony Android TV "wifi not connected" pop up since I joined NOW

Now broadband has been working fine since I joined a month ago from Plusnet.

Only problem has been a "wifi not connected" pop up that keeps appearing since I switched over. The Sony community had various solutions but these didn't work. One theme that came out was this was affecting those with Sky/Now routers.

Any help appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing using Ethernet is not an option ?

If it was me, what i would try is splitting the Hub Router into two wifi Networks (2.4ghz & 5ghz and try both).

I would be also tempted to disable IPV6 on either your Hub Router or Sony Android TV (if this functionality is available) where the Sky / NOW Hub 2 Router is known to be a little buggy over IPV6.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing using Ethernet is not an option ?

If it was me, what i would try is splitting the Hub Router into two wifi Networks (2.4ghz & 5ghz and try both).

I would be also tempted to disable IPV6 on either your Hub Router or Sony Android TV (if this functionality is available) where the Sky / NOW Hub 2 Router is known to be a little buggy over IPV6.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, ethernet isn't an option unfortunately.

I use a BT Whole Home mesh for Wifi as my house is all over the place and old brick walls.  I had this before the switch to NOW and didn't have the same issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll try the IPV6 off on tv. Not thought of that, ta.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Combining both of those worked many thanks.

Internal LAN IPv6 off and unticking the synchronise 2.4 and 5 GHz plus renaming the 2 channels.

Cheers!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User was one of the suggestions from the Sony community to change your routers channel?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd55x8509c-smart-tv-not-connecting-to-sky-wireless/td-p/2081990

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.  Just noticed I didn't put in the BT Whole Home wifi  sorry.  I can only assume there's a router settings issue as the WIFI itself isn't the problem.