cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some apps not working

We've just moved over to Now TV broadband. Strangely, a few smartphone and tablet apps won't work when connected to wifi. Specifically, these are Pinterest, Minecraft and Tide banking, among others. They'll only work if I turn off wifi on my phone, forcing it to use 4G. I can access the desktop sites for these services via my laptop, so it probably isn't a question of restricted or blocked sites.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try playing around with the NowTV Broadband Buddy settings on here by going to My Account > Settings & PIN's to see if that makes a difference, however like you mentioned your laptop can access these sites from the NowTV Hub, so i doubt it would make a difference but no harm in trying.

A couple of people on the forum have mentioned that they have problems with certain Apps and websites on their mobile phones and the way that they resolved it was going into their smartphone settings and disabled IPV6 feature and used the IPV4 option only (use Google search to explain how).

Some smartphones may not give you the option to switch off IPV6, then you will have to go into the Hub Router settings using your internet browser url address bar (type 192.168.0.1 and when prompted the default username & password is admin & nowtv) and try disabling IPV6 from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that. Actually, I added the relevant domains to the 'allow' list in the Broadband Buddy control panel, and that seems to have worked. I didn't expect it to, but it did...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what was the solution?

This forum is ridiculous. Can't see the answers which makes it totally pointless and doesn't resolve anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For anyone running into this, just go to https://account.nowtv.com/broadband-buddy/settings/
and disable it. Just damn annoying that this crap is enabled by default, effectively blocking a bunch of apps and sites without the user's consent.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s up to the original poster to flag a later posting in the thread as the solution, if (s)he accepts a posting as that.

After which, that posting will turn green, and appear both in the place it was posted in the thread, and also prominently just below the original posting.

Check some other threads, and you will see what I mean.

The reason you can’t see a solution flagged in this thread at present is that the OP hasn’t Accepted one, either because they feel their problem hasn’t yet been solved, or because they have wandered off (Drive-By Poster), or because they are busy and haven’t yet had time to select one, or because they CBA.

Or, as in this case, because @Anonymous User solved his own problem, and was perhaps too modest to Accept one of his own postings as the solution, or he didn’t think you could do that….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Alk
Advocate

Hi, 

I have done all the things suggested in this thread and some apps on my phone still wont work! Does any one have any other ideas?

Thank you

RoyB
Legend

@Alk 

Ah, I love the smell of a disinterred 30-month-old thread in the morning! 😛

What phone?

What apps?

I take it (though you don’t say) that you are a Now Broadband user with Broadband Buddy disabled or turned off, and all these apps work when you use the mobile internet from your phone service provider, but stop mid-app, when you go back to using Now on the phone’s WiFi?

Two things not covered above are:-

1. If it’s an iPhone, try turning off Private Relay;

2. Lay this at the door of the perpetrators, Now Broadband;

Call 150 from a Now landline, or take your pick of:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.