cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart plug

On switching to NowTV broadband, my smart plugs running on 2.4ghz have stopped working and won’t pair with the WiFi. Router is 2.4 and 5ghz so why won’t it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar or ever used these smart plugs, but have you tried accessing the Hub router settings by typing in 192.168.0.1 in the url address bar of your internet browser and re naming the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands so you can identify which wifi band to connect too when setting up your smart plugs.

All i did was just add 2.4G and 5G onto the end of the SSID name of my wifi network so i could identify them more easily.

To access the settings on your Hub router the username is admin and password is nowtv.

Also, apart from the above try disabling the broadband buddy setting by going to My Account > Settings & Pin's on here to see if that blocks anything.

Hopefully other forum members with more knowledge than me on here about smart plugs and wifi networking will come to your assistance if the above doesn't help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar or ever used these smart plugs, but have you tried accessing the Hub router settings by typing in 192.168.0.1 in the url address bar of your internet browser and re naming the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands so you can identify which wifi band to connect too when setting up your smart plugs.

All i did was just add 2.4G and 5G onto the end of the SSID name of my wifi network so i could identify them more easily.

To access the settings on your Hub router the username is admin and password is nowtv.

Also, apart from the above try disabling the broadband buddy setting by going to My Account > Settings & Pin's on here to see if that blocks anything.

Hopefully other forum members with more knowledge than me on here about smart plugs and wifi networking will come to your assistance if the above doesn't help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank-you Schnapps! 

By renaming both frequencies uniquely I picked up 2.4 for my smart plugs and they have paired. Can’t thank you enough!