cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Slow broadband detected

Could someone tell me what it means by slow broadband detected when I click on technical checks. It also says the tv is fine but I might have trouble watching NOW TV on a device connected to broadband while the service is slow. Why not watch using a 3G or 4G connection instead?

16 REPLIES 16
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the nowtv hub two (NR801). If I login to the router and go to wireless and click on 2.4 GHz wireless settings the desired channel goes from auto to 13.

You can split the bands @Anonymous User 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. Can you try this for me?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I plugged in a ethernet cable and when I clicked on technical checks it shows broadband and phone everything looks good. Do I just uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I plugged in a ethernet cable and when I clicked on technical checks it shows broadband and phone everything looks good. Do I just uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.

Yeah uncheck that. You should be able choose a channel for 5Ghz manually too 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've unchecked Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz but what channel should I use as wifi analyzer keeps changing.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've unchecked Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz but what channel should I use as wifi analyzer keeps changing.

What app is it you are using @Anonymous User This all depends on what your neighbours are using but with 5Ghz i'd go with anything over 80  as it's unlikely that anyone else is using that @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've installed wifi analyzer on my phone and it tells me the best channel is 14 but the router only goes to channel 13. I've tried the other channels it recommends but once on that channel it will change again to say I should be on a better channel.