cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Slow and disconnecting fibre, little help from Now Broadband

Now broadband guaranteed speeds supposed to be 31-32Mb, I've been getting 21-23Mb for moths and on top of that - it has been disconnecting for short periods 2-5 times every evening. 2 open reach engineers visited my place, some wiring section replaced, but was told it is max I can get. No I complained again using web form, was told someone is to visit me today before 1 pm. but in the meantime I received an email from Customer services asking me if my case can be close and if I give them a good score on survey when Nothing has been resolved and no one have appeared to help. Useless really. Never had such issues using this phone line before, always steady 36Mbps and no disconnections. I'm quite sure I could just go and look for a better provider penalty free?

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this NOW article linked below if NOW can't hit your Guaranteed Speeds where you have the right to cancel.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/glossary-of-broadband-speed-terms 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention if you are going to change your ISP then contact the NOW Broadband Team to tell them of your intentions because they are not achieving your Guaranteed Speeds has promised when you signed up.

Either give them a call or send them a message using the link page get in touch details below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, that's the link I have used and received this:

I  have ran a line test to check for any faults on you line and the test has failed. The test has located a fault between the green cabinet and your master socket. This means that we need to book and internal engineer. Just to set your expectation the engineer will assess weather they will enter your property or not we can not guarantee entry. 

Any way i have booked the earliest appointment which is Thursday  14th 8am - 1pm .  . The engineer will contact you as soon as they start the job. Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is within the property between 8am - 1pm . 

I will review your account after 1pm on Thursday  to check that the fault has been resolved. Keep an eye on your emails on Thursday  🙂 

Look forward to speaking to you.

And today, when someone was supposed to come and check the line I got another message:

Good Morning

I am just checking in if there is anything else that we can help you with and that you are happy for your case too be closed.

After the case has been closed you will receive a short survey email. It would be greatly appreciated if you could fill that out for us and send it back 🙂 They are marked out of 10 . 10 Being the highest. There is also a comment section for any feedback 🙂

I don't think they bother..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was the first reply on your post referring to May this year or a previous month ?

The reason i am asking NOW have either got the date or day wrong, because it's Thursday the 13th of May today.

Hopefully the 14th was a typo error.

If it was me i would still give them a call if there is no sign of the BT Openreach Engineer working on your local street cabinet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm not sure now, I focused on 'Thursday' so not sure now as you're right it could be the 14th which is tomorrow, I will give them a call tomorrow then, but I expect better from customer services than a misleading emails ... thanks for help anyway

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It might be today (Thursday) and NOW may have done a typo mistake by stating the 14th.

If i was in your shoes i would phone them up before tomorrow (unless you get a text message from the BT Openreach Engineer in the next 30 minutes) to find out what's happening and when the Engineer will be in attendance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've called today, no appointment has been booked, as they didn't have enough information (?). They run the test and it was all ok, I've run them on my side and Broadband has showed exclamation mark, so I don't know ..  It looks like it costs them huge amount to actually send openreach to investigate. They said they will investigate further, I hope they'll do cause I won't stop chasing this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As there is no one who would offer help from NOWTV despite repeated emails, calls and because Chat is only operated by AI bot, telephone adviser lying about engineers being sent to help and no answer to my complaints, I am now going to log a complaint with Ofcom and Cedr. Will see if they are more helpful then this lot.