cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Slow Broadband Speed

I’m on the Super Fibre plan & since March I’ve not been getting anywhere near the guaranteed speed for the connection.

Today I ended up having to abort my Twitch Live Stream as it became unstable.

I then did a line test through the NowTV website & it said that Slow Broadband detected. I did ever that the line test said to do & was told that it couldn’t be fixed & to call customer services.

The Customer Services Agent  said that he’d do a Line Test, which he then said the connection passed, & he was going to email me instructions on how to speed the connection up.

The instructions basically said to change the WiFi Channel to speed up the connection, which surprise surprise didn’t work as redoing the line test on the website still detected slow Broadband that couldn’t be fixed.

Do the CS Agents actually have any knowledge on the subject or are they just reading off of a script that tells them to leave an appropriate amount of silence on the call to make it look like they’re doing a line test, then say that the line is fine & give the BS advice to change WiFi Channel when that’s not the real fault?

Roland

14 REPLIES 14
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Roland

Reading through your latest post I think you've "got" my option 2.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I finally got it sorted.

Contacted Customer Services again on Tuesday & they sent out a new Router that I received on Friday.

I set it all up how I had the original Router, I now get my guaranteed download speed, sometimes it’s slightly faster, sometimes it drops to 31.1mbps, but more often than not it’s within the range of about 32.1-32.7mbps with my guaranteed speed being 32.6mbps, so not complaining if it drops to around 31mbps occasionally.

But I’ve got a weird issue with the service Status & Line Check pages on the NowTV website as they still say I’ve got slow Broadband & the problem is my end, yet everting is as it should be.

Roland

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are happy with your broadband speeds, then ignore the Technical line checks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I’m happy with my speeds & definitely ignoring the technical checks, just confused as to why it’s detecting slow Broadband when my Broadband definitely isn’t slow.

Only issue I’m having is low signal downstairs, as the Router has to be placed in the master bedroom due to the people who lived in our house previously decided to have the master socket installed in the master bedroom & to extension sockets installed in the livingroom & it doesn’t help that it’s a old house with Brick & plaster walls & more than likely an old style plastered ceiling downstairs. But that’ll be resolved once the Tplink Powerline WiFi extender that I’ve ordered arrives.

Roland

Me-too
Advocate

I'm getting 0.4 mbs.

Took ages just to type this.