cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports day pass not working

I’ve purchased a day pass to watch the Open and I can see it listed on my account. When I try watch sky sports on my devices they just bring up a message saying unable to complete purchase on this device. If I can’t get this to work I want a refund.
18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback device are you using which is showing the message ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
PlayStation. My normal entertainment channels are working. Just not sky sports after buying the day pass today
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Jump over to live chat for assistance & help.

If they can't resolve it for you, then ask them for a full refund.

Open the link below and select the most appropriate or nearest he!p topic to your issue, then once you reach the final stage scroll down towards the bottom of your screen page and click the drop down arrow below Get in Touch to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried the topic selection and I can't get that to work either!

Can anyone help with the failure of Sports pass purchased today?

The message I am getting is "Unable to complete purchase on this device etc"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same Oops something went wrong 

I can only get Sky Sports News 

Any chance of a reply from NowTV ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I had the same prob. today, and to watch The Open. All I had to do was sign out of my account on the TV and sign back in and voila I got to watch Lowry on the 11th. It took two hours too sort out,Thanks NowTv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a brand new NowTV box which came with several passes pre-loaded onto it. Just went to nowtv.com to activate the Sky Sports day pass, to watch the final round of the Open Golf Championship, and I'm getting an on-screen message which says “Unable to complete purchase on this device”.

...Not happy – what's going on with this?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @schnapps @Anonymous User 

I know there was an update to the NowTV app on my Roku at the end of the week (I don't know what the update included) so it's possible the latest app update has broken something?!?

There are others experiencing issues since the end of the week on this thread https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Unable-to-watch-live-TV-or-Sports/td-p/503024

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't think the sports pass issue is related to any Roku update where @Anonymous User was using a PlayStation.

Also reading the other threads where customers are reporting that the live sports channels is flagging up an error code 105 which seems to be effecting a few customers that looks to me like a conflict somewhere between the NowTV live sports streams and predominantly BT ISP users.

Would have suggested maybe try disabling the smart setup feature on the BT Home Hub, but i doubt that would help because the customers effected have reported they can use other NowTV passes on their devices.

Would have thought it if was effecting all sports pass customers, then the NowTV Community Forum would have been bombarded with complaints.

Customers who are effected with the live sports channels need to contact live chat and get it escalated to a higher tier level to investigate it and sort it out.

Sorry i won't be much help on this one 😡.