cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Q Wifi extender

Hi I have recently moved to Now TV broadband and like others I notice the wifi signal fluctuates alot and also the signal is not as strong as my previous router which was BT.

1) I believe I cannot use the BT router on Now TV? The BT router was very good in comparison.

2) Can I use the sky Q wifi broadband extender and if so, how can I order it?

Thanks DN

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

1. No you wouldn't be able to use the BT router. 

2. Can't see any reason why any kind of wifi extender wouldn't work with the router, although I don't need to use any myself, so you might want to check with the broadband team if you need a definite answer.

Out of interest do you have the original NOW TV Hub (tower shape, tall and thin) or the NOW TV Hub 2 (flat and wide)? If you're on the NOW TV Hub I'd recommend getting in touch with the broadband team and explaining the difficulties you have to see if they'd be willing to send out a Hub 2, which has dual-band wifi and a much better wifi coverage (it's basically a rebadged Sky Q router). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy....I already have the Hub 2 which I know is the same as Sky Q so was wondering if the wifi extender would work. I believe (from reviews) the Sky Q extender will only work with Sky but since Now TV is the same, I was wondering if it would still work.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Hub 2 is basically the Sky Q router and includes WPS for the Booster to connect to, and the NOW TV connection is basically a Sky one,  but as I don't know in what way the Booster is supposed to be 'locked' to a Sky connection I can't say for sure it will work. If it's definitely the Sky Q Booster you want to use I'd suggest giving the broadband team a call to see if they can give you a definitive answer.