cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Sky Broadband' Phone Call saying they are cutting my broadband

Had a few phone calls to my landline recently from Sky, initially to tell me my line was running slow and can they check it. I dismissed these calls thinking it could be dodgy and broadband is running fine to me(I never use my landline, no one has the number).

I have now had a call today again from Sky saying my broadband will be cut off within 24 hours, this seems dodgy again to me but working from home I need to check this isn't going to happen. I can't get through to anyone on live chat as my query doesn't match any of the selections and can't find a number to call. Anyone had anything similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Even though Sky owns Now TV, the broadband service is still operated by Now TV. When I was a customer briefly with both I never had such calls.

As a suggestion to put your mind at ease I would give the broadband team a call to discuss your concerns.

Number found on link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's a phone scam doing the rounds, there are a number of threads on here.

Here's one example in the link below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Scam-or-genuine/m-p/545551 

NowTV tend to email their customers and don't phone them about any overdue payment.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Even though Sky owns Now TV, the broadband service is still operated by Now TV. When I was a customer briefly with both I never had such calls.

As a suggestion to put your mind at ease I would give the broadband team a call to discuss your concerns.

Number found on link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  & for info @schnapps  @gavs82008 

Erica

It seems to me that telephone scammers are finding it a bit more difficult nowadays to con people out of their money, hence the repeated phone calls.  However, they do have more "strings for their bow" and may come at you in a different way, let me explain.

A couple of weeks ago a young chap, in his early twenties, knocked on my front door and told me that my neighbours have been complaining about slow internet speeds and he could swap me over (I guess to the scam company he was working for).   I immediately told him I was not interested and sent him on his way.

He was also wearing an ID card with Outlook written on it, no doubt pretending to be a MicroSoft employee.

Again, this shows me that the scammers are getting desperate and that phone scamming is not as lucrative as it used to be, people are starting to wise up.

Just keep doing what you're doing and you won't get caught out.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I have called up NOW TV and confirmed nothing wrong with my account.