cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky BB blocks TFL card details entry

So, for the last 3 days I've been trying to enter new CC details on the TFL contactless screen. It simply times out. Tried several different browsers, ipad, phones, laptop. No joy.

Tweeted to TFL and they say Sky BB (NowTV is using SKY BB as you may know) is blocking this communication.

The only solution is to either use your mobile and download TFLs app and then use mobile data (not home WiFi!) or go to a free WiFi place like McDs and do it there.

Can Sky sort this out please I've wasted a lot of time.

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You said phones; try turning off the WiFi on a phone and using your mobile ISP, and see if you can get through that way.

This will:-

(a) let you get your TFL details updated as you require;

(b) make it crystal clear that the problem is the NowTV Broadband, if it doesn’t work on WiFi on the exact same phone where it works on 3/4/5G

Next, go to My Account/Broadband & calls, look under Moving Home for the NowTV Broadband telephone number you can call.

Then make NowTV Broadband fully aware of the issue by phoning them on the number you found, and asking them to investigate, as they probably won’t read this thread.

I have to say though, apropos of NowTV Broadband being Sky Broadband, that I don’t see the rock solid and attentive service I got from Sky Broadband in the past in evidence here, so some things are clearly not the same.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your reply sorry if I did not make myself clear.

The problem is definitely with the BB side as when I asked TFL they said it was a known problem which had been reported and the only way around this was to not use Sky BB. It was TFL who suggested using their app on a mobile data connection (I am with Vodafone as it happens). For example, other issues with them blocking happens on my 'Smart' TV with some apps like FilmBox Live being blocked.

@TFL"Sorry for the delay in replying. We're aware that some customers who are using Sky Broadband as their internet provider aren't able to add their contactless card to their account. This has been reported and is being looked into"

Thanks