cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sign in - wrong username

Hi

Hopefully someone can help with my query.  

I have recently added ‘Now TV’ to my BT subscription but cannot change the username that is displayed at sign in.  When I first bought my TV I accessed the ‘Now TV’ app just to see what it was and accepted the first suitable username that was presented.  I want to change this now to my username (my email address) but nothing allows me to do this and I’m fed up signing out then back in again and typing in my proper username and password.

I’m unsure whether I am seeing all the content I’m paying through BT for.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Do I take it that this is NowTV on a YouView box?

If so, scroll right to the bottom of the gaily coloured thumbnails for the various passes, options, etc, and scroll along the bottom row to My Account. Sign out of the incorrect name, and sign in as the BT-assigned one. After that, this should stick.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you - I will try that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Did you ever get a solution to this issue?  I can log out and back in with the correct username but the box still defaults to an increect username.