cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shadow box on top left corner

when watching live tv (either sport or entertainment) I get a box appear in the top left corner of the screen that is darker than the rest of the screen. Can anyone advise how to overcome this? The screen appears completely normally watching films or any tv that isn’t live? 

11 REPLIES 11
LR3
Mentor

I getting this too. 

Tried the live chat but it appears that's not on at the moment. Can't ring anyone. How do we contact nowtv fir these issues????? 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Same happening for me on Main Event AND Premier League. Top left quadrant of screen slightly darker image.  Tried two different now tv sticks on 2 different TVs same issue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Already reported and discussed in this link thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Grey-translucent-box-on-top-left-of-screen-when-watching-sports/m-p/542308#M6035 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm seeing this myself. Takes up about two thirds of my screen in the top left corner. I tried a factory reset before I realised that this was a widespread issue, no difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know it sounds silly but I am so glad this is happening to others too. I was convinced my TV was dying which as it's just over a year old would have been devastating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here hopefully sorted for game later. Never had this happen before. Its any live sky performance. Same if you choose the cricket 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Works ok on chrome cast, though sadly mine an old chrome cast so doesn’t have 50fps.  Will have to suffer the flaw.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me too on all sport channels on Now TV. All non Now TV channels fine so it definitely appears to be an issue with Nowtv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Found a workaround.

Go to Apps Store, then select the NowTV App, then click on Go to App, then once on the old UI go to the Sports and watch from there.

Seems to be working fine for me with the 5 minutes of testing.