cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allanc
Scholar 3

Severe buffering

Has anybody else experienced severe buffering since 10th October thru to today.  Both on LG tv and now tv box.  Today i reactivated a now tv box and both are completely banjaxed from 16:30 for a couple of hours.  At least with now tv box you can instigate a debug and manually set bitrate/stream quality.  And everything over 800 buffers like they're using hamsters to power their servers.  Upgraded to boost yesterday now bitrate up from 3831 to 7831. The difference is noticeable on discovery and national geo. Not so great when yox buffer every 5-10 seconds and wait for 15-20 seconds for it to resolve. It is very annoying 😭

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been having problems with my LG tv app for months now, constant buffering, programmes not loading etc, but only with on demand content and only on the LG app. I have a now tv stick in another room which works fine and watching stuff live is good too. They need to sort these issues out as they have the best content but the worst service. It seems that loads of people have this same problem and they don’t seem to care.

allanc
Scholar 3
Hi, I've gone for roku streaming stick+. With support for hdmi 2.0 and
hdcp 2.2 and hdr will upscale 1080p with boost to 4k and quad core
processor should mean quicker menu operation and less buffering
(hopefully). Should get it tomorrow or wednesday. Then get rid of lg now
tv app and 7 year old now tv box as they don't appear fit for the purpose
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers, I might do that, although I’m so fed up with their service I might just cancel everything. Can’t believe their app is so bad!

allanc
Scholar 3
If your tv is 4k i would advise it. Otherwise probably not worth the extra
£20 in comparison to 1080p available on standard hd model with now tv boost
package