cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allanc
Scholar 3

Severe buffering

Has anybody else experienced severe buffering since 10th October thru to today.  Both on LG tv and now tv box.  Today i reactivated a now tv box and both are completely banjaxed from 16:30 for a couple of hours.  At least with now tv box you can instigate a debug and manually set bitrate/stream quality.  And everything over 800 buffers like they're using hamsters to power their servers.  Upgraded to boost yesterday now bitrate up from 3831 to 7831. The difference is noticeable on discovery and national geo. Not so great when yox buffer every 5-10 seconds and wait for 15-20 seconds for it to resolve. It is very annoying 😭

23 REPLIES 23
allanc
Scholar 3

Not until yesterday

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box and stick are both buffering on all channels to the point I cannot watch anything .This has been happening all evening does anyone know if now tv are sorting this .

allanc
Scholar 3

yes, i have given them details of when and how long it has lasted for.

martin27
Mentor

So am I right in thinking Nowtv works fine untill you want to watch it ,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV player on pc is working perfectly, so looks a problem with the servers that support the smart apps and Roku devices.

allanc
Scholar 3

Now i am factory resetting myself vis-a-vis a few cans of Guinness

allanc
Scholar 3

Tested youtube uhd for geeks button. Running at 48 mbps.  So does seem to be now tv server side because current bitrate on sky one on now tv is bordering on standard definition and substandard 720p. .  Not sure if there is any point maintaining boost .  Which was close to running uhd on tv.  Because it runs uhd on rakuten

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unwatchable on Sony Bravia since this afternoon. Upgraded to Boost 2 days ago and now having to watch the NFL on my SD Apple TV.  Total waste of money so far. 

App buffers and then eventually crashes.

The apple TV app is as solid as you like.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has been horrendous this evening; pretty much from when I tried to stream the England v Belgium game.

Have tries factory reset and setting everything up again, using the NowTV app on my Sony TV, reducing resolution from 4K to 1080p (don’t think that affects the stream tbh). Watching on my pc seemed to be ok but it was a small window and I didn’t check too closely.

Have a Now TV 4K box with TV Boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful! And Italy match not appearing on my phone or pc! Absolutely crap! Illegal streams would be better!