cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allanc
Scholar 3

Severe buffering

Has anybody else experienced severe buffering since 10th October thru to today.  Both on LG tv and now tv box.  Today i reactivated a now tv box and both are completely banjaxed from 16:30 for a couple of hours.  At least with now tv box you can instigate a debug and manually set bitrate/stream quality.  And everything over 800 buffers like they're using hamsters to power their servers.  Upgraded to boost yesterday now bitrate up from 3831 to 7831. The difference is noticeable on discovery and national geo. Not so great when yox buffer every 5-10 seconds and wait for 15-20 seconds for it to resolve. It is very annoying 😭

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yep mine has been rubbish all day. Unwatchable at the moment, tried on youview box and ps4. Going to watch f1 highlights on all 4, waste of money paying for now tv as so unreliable.

allanc
Scholar 3

For me now tv has not given me any problems over the past 7 or more years until yesterday

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here for me during the England-Belgium match, using the Now Tv app and HD boost on my Samsung tv. I experienced some buffering, then the app kept quitting with an error message.

My internet speed tests fine and all my other Samsung TV apps like Netflix and BBC iplayer work normally.

NOW TV support claimed that the problem was at my end and suggested that I reset my router, but that made no difference at all.

In the end I had to dig out my old Now Tv box which occasionally buffers annoyingly during the Scotland match but doesn’t quit with an error like the Samsung tv app.

allanc
Scholar 3

I was told that yesterday.  Reset router, deleted and reinstalled now tv. Disconnected and reconnected all wifi devices. Chatted with them this evening ... they seem to acknowledge tech issues today. And wilj email when sorted.  Still of little consolation to me at the minute

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They do this to get you off the call / chat. They know they have issues. This buys them time in the hope they'll fix it by the time you've wasted you're energy jumping through hoops.

Issues on 4 different devices... but its my unique issue... not theirs. 

allanc
Scholar 3

I don't know if this happens ? But it might be a good idea... the main retailers argos, currys,pcworld,dixons etc should tell them how many units they have sold in order to lessen the impact of thousands if not more are sold every week, if not every day.  If not thousands every day if not everyweek can and maybe will press the cancel pass button.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like many are experiencing same issue. 

I have severe buffering watching sky Atlantic on Samsung smart TV. Upgraded to boost 5 days ago but no change. Never any problems with Netflix or other apps. 

i take it no quick or easy fix? & many others in the same boat?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me, the new native Sony Android TV App is completely unusable.  I don't know whether it is a problem with the App, or with the Android TV, but it means that most of the time the App crashes after about 10 minutes of watching & I have to force stop it. (Even after cancelling my Boost subscription the app still crashes all the time). 

I have no problems using Netflix or Amazon Video native Apps on the same TV (UHD, Dolby Vision & HD content) - which leads me to think this is something that the NOW TV  app team should be looking at, in conjunction with Sony.

If I use my Apple TV, I have no stability issues with any streaming Apps.  Unfortunately, Boost is not supported on Apple TV, therefore I have cancelled my Boost subscription, which is a real shame as when it worked the picture & audio did seem great.

Therefore, I have cancelled my Boost subscription, which is a real shame as for the times it did seem to work, the picture & audio was great.  

martin27
Mentor

Hi

bought two Nowtv sticks this weekend just to watch sky sports,got the boost but wondering if ive wasted my money with all the buffering,is this what its always like?