cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam99
Advocate

Setting up broadband in new flat

Hi there,

I have a quick question regarding joining NOW. I’ll be moving into a rental property on the 20th February and I intend to sign up for the NOW super fibre package.

As I am currently out of the country and don’t have the keys to the property until the 20th, is it possible for me to have the router delivered to my friend’s home address? And can I set my activation date to the 20th so that I will have a connection as soon I get set up.   

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Adam99 

The router is delivered via Royal Mail and you will be given a number to track. My advise is wait till you get the tracking number and deal with it from there.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Just to add, you cannot book a specific date, it will depend on Openreach availability. But it generally takes a minimum of 14 days. 

chilli2
Elite

I was not in to receive the router now sent me, it arrived via royal mail signed for - and as i was not in it was sent to my nearest post office  where i collected it a couple of days later

Before you take the plunge with Now, or attempt to sign up, is it available at the new property?

Check here to see what comes up: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

While its branded as BT, it will give you information on the open reach network, speeds and availability

Also worth a look at would be any alt-net fttp providers who, where available usually work out significantly cheaper than openreach based providers , such as city fibre, hyperoptic, gigaclear, B4RN , Community fibre and so on