cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up box on old tv

Hi, just got connected on my hub2, and now realise it only allows a wireless onnection to tv.

Can I use an older Now tv box or Roku box and wireless to that then connect Hdmi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Hub 2 Router offers both Wifi and Ethernet where there is two Ethernet ports on the back of the Router.

If you mean your TV or playback devices don't have an Ethernet option, then yes if you wish connect the NowTV box or Roku Player to your old TV (using any of the spare HDMI ports on your television).

Then once you setup the NowTV Box or Roku Player go into the system menu settings under Network (wireless option) and select the Hub Router SSID network name and once prompted on screen enter the Hub Router SSID password.

You will find the NowTV Hub Router SSID wifi network name and password underneath the bottom of the Hub Router.

Apologies in advance if i have misunderstood your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Hub 2 Router offers both Wifi and Ethernet where there is two Ethernet ports on the back of the Router.

If you mean your TV or playback devices don't have an Ethernet option, then yes if you wish connect the NowTV box or Roku Player to your old TV (using any of the spare HDMI ports on your television).

Then once you setup the NowTV Box or Roku Player go into the system menu settings under Network (wireless option) and select the Hub Router SSID network name and once prompted on screen enter the Hub Router SSID password.

You will find the NowTV Hub Router SSID wifi network name and password underneath the bottom of the Hub Router.

Apologies in advance if i have misunderstood your question.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schapps,

If using the 4500sk box wouls i also get Freeview channels?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep that model is the nowtv smart box Freeview version with the blue nowtv logo on the top of the box casing where you should be fine if living in a Freeview coverage post code area.

You will need to connect a TV aerial on the back of the NowTV box and suggest go into the box menu settings and re scan the TV channels again if you haven't used this box in a while.