cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up Broadband

Hi, I am looking on behalf of my mum about changing broadband supplier. Does my mum need to cancel her supplier herself or does now broadband do that for her.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Depends on the broadband provider where nowtv will do the cancel process on most ISP's using the BT Openreach infrastructure except Virgin.

See this help article for more information.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband

If your Mother is with Sky, NowTV will cancel the broadband & telephone package, but if she has the Sky TV package she will need to cancel that part herself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Depends on the broadband provider where nowtv will do the cancel process on most ISP's using the BT Openreach infrastructure except Virgin.

See this help article for more information.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband

If your Mother is with Sky, NowTV will cancel the broadband & telephone package, but if she has the Sky TV package she will need to cancel that part herself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

She is with BT broadband and paying far to much for the service and now TV broadband have good deals.

Thanks for your reply

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I was with BT Telephone & Fast Fibre with the BT TV package before switching to NowTV Fab Fibre.

Where NowTV did everything on my behalf to cancel with BT.

Then about 7 to 10 days after ordering the NowTV Broadband & Telephone, BT sent me a letter confirming the cancellation and tried to offer me a better deal on their over priced service.

I am assuming that your Mother is out of the fixed contract period with BT otherwise there may be some penalty clause involved.

I was out of my BT contract and was just using BT on a month by month bases until i decided to switch to Nowtv.

Also, i wouldn't be surprised if your Mum will get a few phone calls from BT Retention Dept to offer her a better deal.

I was happy with BT apart from their high prices which i wasn't prepared to pay for anymore.

Haven't noticed any difference with NowTV when comparing BT from my experience, but i do miss the BT Sports TV package, but saying that i am saving myself nearly £50 a month Smiley Happy