cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set-up prob.

Hi All. I have just this week had NOWTV B/band and calls set up and running fine, I have just today bought a NOWTV Roku stick and have ran through the set-up on the telly which is not a smart telly.... all was fine till we got to Audio set up, it stopped me dead in my tracks with a "Your TV is not  Compatible" notice and went straight to a "Enter a code" page, it has locked on this page and wont budge, Ive even pulled the plug out the stick and re-inserted to try and reset it to no avail, I dont want to proceed with codes, account set-up or signing up if my TV is not compatible so why has it proceeded?.  I cant go forwards or backwards with this and at the moment its stale mate to Roku, how do I break the deadlock?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Stick should work on any Television that has a HDMI port on it and as long has you have a decent WiFi reception where the Stick is located behind your television set and an internet speed of 2.5Mbps or higher.

Sounds like you are stuck during the Stick setup process, where you need to enter the six digit code shown on the television screen by typing the code in the NowTV webpage with your PC, or Mobile internet browser.

Maybe have a read of this help article (read and follow the instructions carefully).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Stick should work on any Television that has a HDMI port on it and as long has you have a decent WiFi reception where the Stick is located behind your television set and an internet speed of 2.5Mbps or higher.

Sounds like you are stuck during the Stick setup process, where you need to enter the six digit code shown on the television screen by typing the code in the NowTV webpage with your PC, or Mobile internet browser.

Maybe have a read of this help article (read and follow the instructions carefully).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps, that link was spot-on.  cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you get the sound working on the Stick ?

My guess the Audio compatibility message was regards to that the TV volume buttons on the NowTV Remote doesn't recognise the infra red TV volume codes on your television set when undertaking the setup wizard during the remote pairing process with your television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I entered the code and it all works fine including the sound, can you tell me how to get rid of the parental code, and can you tell why the TV guide only lists programmes 1 hour in advance. thanks Paul

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you mean the Parental Pin when watching live TV channels, then unfortunately it's mandatory which was enforced on NowTV by OFCOM.

Some information in this link below about Parental PIn.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin 

I use 1111 for the Parental Pin which is the least amount of presses on my NowTV remote control buttons.

The NowTV live TV Guide has always been Now & Next and loads of people over the years have asked for a more advanced TV Guide (24 hours or 7 days) when using NowTV.

I tend to use the Sky + App on my smartphone and tablet for checking what's available on live TV over the next seven days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea thats it the Parental pin, I will also use 1111 then, thanks for all your help schnapps I appreciate it. Many Thanks