cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Service Failure Confusion - Who is to blame?

So among the multiplicity of issues I am having with Now TV and Openreach, there seems to be an incongruence between who is actually causing the issues with my service. When I contact Openreach, its a Now problem. When I contact Now, it's an Openreach problem. 

My saga starts on July 12th, when Openreach fail to turn up for a visit. I call Now, get told to wait until the end of my visit slot (which was never even confirmed on the online tracker, and there is no record of the proposed visit on my Now Account) and to ring them again. I do so, and get told that they will try and get in touch with Openreach. I call back again on July 15th, and get told Openreach have a problem with their booking system.

On the 21st of July, I receive an email regarding compensation,  but no details of an engineer visit. On the 23rd of July (Saturday) an engineer turns up and does a stellar (not sarcasm, he was lovely) job of sorting the line and turning on the broadband at the exchange. He finishes off his work, tells me that it should go live 40 minutes after he leaves. 40 minutes pass. An hour. Two hours, I call Now and complain, and they say they have no record of booking in anyone to sort it, and tell me they'll raise the issue to the Tier 2 team. I call up three times during the day, meanwhile talking to Openreach online, who are telling me everything is sorted their end, and they are just waiting for Now to close the order. I tell this multiple times to the various advisors, who tell me it isn't Now's responsibility to turn it on, which I am very much aware of. 

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, when I call once again for an update. The advisor on the phone tells me that apparently, they don't send engineers out on the weekends, which explains why they have no record of the visit. As far as I'm concerned, that's properly bizarre to me, as their customer and complaints teams work the weekend, so why had no one picked up the correspondence from Openreach? 

The advisor then goes on to tell me that I have been booked in, once again, for an engineer visit for August 4th. I work from home, and go full time on August 1st. It's pretty embarrassing having to work from the library, and I emphasise this to the advisor on the phone, who says they understand, but there is nothing they can do. At this point, I have no clue who is to blame, or what to actually do, at all. Anyone got any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
Jayach
Elite 3

Firstly, the problem is Now's. Even if Openreach are to blame, the problem is Now's. I'm surprised Openreach would even talk to you.

Now don't actually send the engineer, they pass the call to Openreach, who will assign the engineer within their own timescales. (although Now may have access to the Openreach booking system)

Are you calling on the number in this link? 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Really there is nothing you can do but keep on at Now, until they sort it.