cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Safe search stuck on

Does anyone know how to turn safe search off ? Google says if its stuck on, and even after going to setting to change and click save it still stays on, then I need to contact service provider but they're not much help atm . 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with Google Safe Search to be honest where there is no kids in my household and never looked into it when using the internet.

NowTV have a bit of security software called "Broadband Buddy" with different levels of parental controls or custom controls when accessing different websites.

I don't know if that's the reason you are getting blocked websites when using NowTV Broadband.

If you are the NowTV Broadband account holder, then you can access your Broadband Buddy settings by following these instructions in the link article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I set up my NowTV broadband yesterday and everything was working ok, but today it seems to have turned on Google safe search and there is no guidance as to why or how to turn it off. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s called broadband buddy, you’ll need to change the settings within your account. This link should point you in the right direction.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, thanks for that. I'm shocked this is a thing. I do not want my ISP accessing, filtering, modifying, or tampering with my access. What is this man in the middle thing? What else are they looking at?? This is not acceptable. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

They are not "looking at" anything. It is a network based filter designed to prevent access to certain sites for those who believe that ISPs should take responsibility for preventing minors seeing unsuitable material rather than themselves. As advised earlier, change the setting to 18+ and all restrictions will be removed, save to those sites banned by Court Order e.g. illegal downloads. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its happening to me now. just started today. in chrome when i go to my search settings to turn off safesearch it just come back on. i think it must be happening on the isp side because when i turn on a vpn and turn it off it stays off.