cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dp1
Advocate

Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

How to fix error  "Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid."

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dp1 

I don't use any Apple devices myself, but is this happening when attempting to open a particular website page or attempting to watch NOW? 

If it's related to opening a particular website and trying another internet browser doesn't help, then see if anything in this linked internet article below has any suggestions that works.

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-fix-when-safari-cannot-open-a-page-because-the-address-is-invalid/ 

You could also go into your online NOW account and try a different age rating in your Broadband Buddy  Settings and perhaps try typing the website in the Broadband Buddy allow website address box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dp1 

Forgot to say if it's happening on all websites and none of your internet connected devices work, then it would relate to your NOW Broadband.

Are the three green lights showing on the front of your NOW Router and if so, what is the wifi signal like on your devices ?

RoyB
Legend

@dp1 

Is this when you choose a programme and try to start the Now Player?

Use the Chrome browser instead; if you don’t have it on your Apple device, download it from the App Store.

My Safari was doing this for ages, and I never got to the bottom of it, but Chrome worked perfectly straight off.

Later, Safari cured itself; again, I don’t know how or why.

You would think that Settings/Safari/Advanced/Website Data/Search For, type in Now, press Edit (bottom right) and delete all the entries that relate to Now, but preserving those like e.g. samknows and snowflakes, then press Done and try again with Safari might work; but for me not so. Worth a try, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.