cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grumpyfrog
Scholar

SKY SR203 to NOW Problem

Help please!

I have been with Now for a little while and although it works well enough, it is not the best.

After reading as much as I could on the forum, a lot of suggestions have been to swap the Now router for the Sky SR203. This I have done by buying a new and unused one from a not to be mentioned auction site.

All members have said that it would be an easy straight swop, but I am having problems. After plugging in and connecting to the BT phone point, the Sky router lights up within a couple of minutes, which was great. However no internet connection to my laptop, tablet or phone. 

Is there something I have missed? Password to enter or something?

I can use laptops etc ok, but a dunce when it comes to trouble shooting or anything technical! Back on Now router no problem.

Help please someone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Grumpyfrog
Scholar

@schnapps 

Thanks for your suggestion. I was under the impression from comments  on the forum that it was a straight and easy swap. lol

re. the default network password - is that the Sky or Now password?

Told you I was a technical dunce!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grumpyfrog 

There should be a reset button somewhere on the Sky Router, hold it in for around 10 to 15 seconds.

Did the Router come with an sticker on it, with the default Network Name and Wi fi password.

If so, after the factory reset try them on your devices.

Grumpyfrog
Scholar

@schnapps 

Thanks for your suggestion. I was under the impression from comments  on the forum that it was a straight and easy swap. lol

re. the default network password - is that the Sky or Now password?

Told you I was a technical dunce!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grumpyfrog 

After factory resetting the Sky Router use the SSID name and wifi password on the sticker found on the Sky Router.

I am assuming the Sky ID sticker label is there on the Sky Router.

Grumpyfrog
Scholar

@schnapps 

Perfect.

A big thank you. I have been told many times in the past that if you dont know what you are doing, dont do it!

Hopefully the advice you have given me will help others.

Regards Tez.

chilli2
Elite

I usualy go by the if you dont know what you are doing, try and figure it out method.

You will have two things that need a password/username tc.

one is the wifi connection, which will be the network name (SSID) and pass word, the other being how the thing connects to the internet

as far as i know, based on comments on here the Sky router should just work, however the key thing here is the word should

I use my own router, a TP link mode archer vr2800 and that has these settings:

Username: abcdefgh@nowtv

password 1234567890abcdef

As far as i know the password can be anything as long as its long enough, however it will not connect if the username is anything other than one that ends with @nowtv so @skydsl or any other sky variant doesnt work.

Now and almost any other ISP where they supply the kit will not help you with basic connection issues unless you use their own kit , if you are using a router other than the one supplied by Now and you need some guidance then you will need to consult the manufacturer of that router, either directly or by their user forums- for example i used a guide someone  posted on the tp link forums regarding routers that will work with Sky or Now.

And while the sky router should just work you will not be able to get any manufacturer support about using it for anything other than Skys own Sky branded services

Jayach
Elite 3

When people say it is as easy as just swapping it for the Now router, that is true.

However it is a different router and has it's own SSID (Wi-Fi name) and password, just as the Now router does. If you were swapping one Now router for another you would have the same problem.