cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router

Can I use my old TalkTalk router instead of the weak router from nowtv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you trying to access the Hub Router settings on the web page to make changes ?

If so the username is admin and the password is nowtv

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can I use my old TalkTalk router instead of the weak router from nowtv?

Unfortunately not @Anonymous User But you can visit 192.168.0.1 from your browser and chnage the channel to the most suitable one for your home environment

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can’t log into the service my user name is my email address and my password is typed under the router. Is that correct?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you trying to access the Hub Router settings on the web page to make changes ?

If so the username is admin and the password is nowtv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi I’m abit confused with this now tv can you help me please just order now tv broadband do u receive a router thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep when you order NowTV Broadband you will get a NowTV Hub 2 Router included.

There is a bit more information in this link below (click on the green drop down arrows to expand the on screen information within the article).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-broadband

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply what is the broadband like please coz I’m seeing loads bad feedback 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

People very rarely go on dedicated one-company forums to say how good things are; those who are happy are a silent majority, while those who are unhappy can skew your perceptions by being the only posts you see here.

The things to watch are problems that go on for weeks, of which there are thankfully few if any here; most initial issues get knocked on the head pretty quickly.

I can’t go with NOW, as they don’t serve my area, and even if they did, don’t do 24/7. But that is something most people don’t need, and for which I pay a premium.

However, I used Sky in the past, which I think is the same service NOW use now, and it was very good.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jasonskeen
Advocate

No I want to know where my router is haven't received it broadband goes live Friday 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try

Encapsulation: PPPoA
Username: [email removed]
Password: install
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Multiplexing: VC-BASED

As found at:
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-help/61836-trying-use-my-own-modedm-router.html