cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router two access

Does anyone know the username and password to access settings in the router two.

I've tried admin and then nowtv and it does not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When resetting the Hub 2 router i think to factory reset it you may have to keeping holding the button in for about 10 to 15 secs.

Maybe try that if you just quickly pressed the reset button on the back of the Hub router.

I don't believe under nowtv's policy that they send out refurbished or returned products to customers (including hub routers).

If you are getting nowhere, then give the broadband team a call for further assistance.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does anyone know the username and password to access settings in the router two.

I've tried admin and then nowtv and it does not work.

Try 'nowtv' the 'admin' @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using nowtv as the admin name and the the password as nowtv does not work either. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you haven't changed the nowtv Hub 2 router username and password in the past, then the username is "admin" and the password should be "nowtv".

What happens if you press the small reset button on the back of the Hub 2 router to set it back to default ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We only got it the other day. 

So I've reset it using the button on the rear. The lights at the front went out then one went red and it slowly rebooted and come back online, devices connected ok and internet working. 

Tried admin and then nowtv and it won't accept it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So when you use 192.168.0.1 in the url address bar on your internet browser, the Hub 2 home settings page appears on your browser screen.

Then when you click on say maintenance or advanced buttons the username and password of your browser box pops up and won't accept the (all lower case) admin & nowtv details that you type in the box .

Don't know what to suggest apart from maybe try a different browser on your device Microsoft Edge works for me.

Hopefully somebody with more knowledge than me will offer you some further advice why the default username & password is not accepted on your nowtv Hub 2 router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Yep 192.268.0.1 and I get the now tv hub 2 screen. On the right I click change the admin password and get the sign in pop up box. 

Admin and nowtv do not work. 

I wonder if it's a recycled hub? 

Might have to speak with nowtv and get a replacement. 

Just frustrating not having full access.

Thanks for your help though

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When resetting the Hub 2 router i think to factory reset it you may have to keeping holding the button in for about 10 to 15 secs.

Maybe try that if you just quickly pressed the reset button on the back of the Hub router.

I don't believe under nowtv's policy that they send out refurbished or returned products to customers (including hub routers).

If you are getting nowhere, then give the broadband team a call for further assistance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That worked. Full reset of the hub. Thanks