cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router saying my password is incorrect

I have had NowTV internet for 3 weeks and on 2 occasions, on all my devices (including the NowTV box) I am getting an “incorrect WiFi password” when trying to connect to the router !

When I reset the router by holding the button on the back it fixes the issue. However, I don’t want to be having to do this every weeks or so.

So does anyone know about this problem? And can it be fixed?

James
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Not seen any reports of that on the forum. I'd suggest if it keeps happening give the Broadband Team a call so they can run some tests on the router and check if it's faulty. You'll find the number on your My Account > My Package page of the website and it's a free call from your home phone for broadband customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is also happening with all devices in my house
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

wrote:
This is also happening with all devices in my house

@Anonymous User What version of the router do you have? Is it the newer or orginal one? Also, when your connecting your phone does it say somehting the lines of 'could not authenticate' or anything like that? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Tony,
I signed up to NOWTV as an ISP in November so expect I have the newest router.
The message comes up saying incorrect password. It suddenly throws all our devices off line and we give up trying. But then seems back to normal by the following evening. Difficult to say when it starts working again as we are at work/ school during the day. I am concerned though as I quite regularly work from home.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried doing a factory reset of the Hub? If you haven't made any changes to the wireless settings or other router settings then it won't affect anything by trying. Just hold the reset button on the back in for around 15 seconds until the lights go out and start coming back on again.

If you have made changes to the router settings then these will be lost with a reset so you might want to try just unplugging it for a few seconds and rebooting first to see how you get on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did try that the first time it happened. And yes it seemed to work. But I don’t want to resort to doing that each time. We haven’t changed any settings. I just end sharing 4G from my phone, but I need a permanent reliable fix. WIFI shouldn’t need constant human intervention to make it work. Thanks anyway for your reply 🙂 I will get on to the NOW TV team about it. I really was trying to find out if there was a known permanent fix.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any fix on this, mine has started doing this.